#GivingTuesday™ is a campaign to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season. It celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations.
Here are some eco-minded charities, should you consider donating this season.
- charity: water. charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
- World Wildlife Fund. WWF’s unique way of working combines global reach with a foundation in science, involves action at every level from local to global, and ensures the delivery of innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.
- Architecture for Humanity. Building a more sustainable future using the power of design. Through a global network of building professionals, Architecture for Humanity brings design, construction and development services to communities in need.
- Greenpeace. Greenpeace is the leading independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and to promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future.
- Global Green USA. Global Green USA is the American affiliate of Green Cross International, founded to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future.
- Trees for the Future. Trees for the Future doesn’t just plant trees for their ecological benefits, but to benefit people in need.
- People for Bikes. Peopleforbikes.org is dedicated to channeling that passion to improve the future of bicycling. Their goal is to gather a million names of support, to speak with one, powerful voice—to make bicycling safer, more convenient and appealing for everyone.
This one is not eco-minded, but it's one close to my heart.
- Jessica Redfield Sports Journalism Scholarship Fund. The Jessica Redfield Ghawi Scholarship Fund was created to provide scholarships for aspiring female sports journalists in honor of the life and dreams of Jessica Ghawi. She was killed in the Aurora, CO, movie theater shootings on July 20, 2012.
And of course, there are many local charities wherever you live, and donating to them benefits your own community.
Giving feels good!